- A medium to large pumpkin
- A witch's hat
- Silk flowers
- Bulb red LED battery fairy lights
- Baking paper
- Pumpkin carving knife
about 2 hours
We begin with some preliminary tips before giving you our step-by-step directions to make this nice-to-see Halloween decoration.
Buy a medium to large pumpkin.
Choose the witch's hat you prefer.
Choose the autumn flower that match well with the pumpkin and witch's hat you've chosen. We used yellow, orange and red flowers that are perfect paired with orange ornaments on witch's hat.
How to scoop and decorate a pumpkin for your Halloween party
- - Take a sheet of thin paper.
Do it adhere to the surface of the pumpkin and draw the eyes, nose and mouth.
- - Cut a circle around the stem to create a top. Make it large enough to be able to reach into the pumpkin.
- - Begin to extract the pulp helping yourself with a pumpkin carving knife. Put the finishing touch with a spoon.
You have to dig out the pumpkin flesh carefully, leaving a not excessive and constant thickness all around.
- - Now you have to carve out the face.
Cut out the pieces from the template you've made before. Apply them on the outside with some pins and draw the outline with a boxcutter.
Engrave with precision and calm from the outside and shape well.
- - Pat dry with a sponge inside to remove any remaining moisture.
- - Line the inside with the baking paper.
- - Place the fairy lights inside, on the bottom.
- - Arrange the flower stems around the top. Try to hide them.
- - Cover with the witch's hat.
- - Your decorated pumpkin is ready!
Nice-to-see, isn't it?